Thursday, July 17, 2008

Leadership on TV - The Great Debate

I've never been so entertained by a debate before. Anwar vs Shabery Cheek. Before this debate, I would have been interested to know - Shabery who? I would say :

1) Persona/Party Publicity - Anwar
2) New Media winner - Anwar - no one can defeat Pakatan Rakyat now since they won the elections with new media. Any attempt to try to explore further emphasises the win
3) Personal Publicity - Shabery Cheek - now at least I know who this guy is!

So who won?

My verdict -
The public - we had a pretty informative session, and it is always amusing to see democracy in the style of debates, the last ones I've seen were in school! It came even with the bell and the "menggulung" summary ... very entertaining... I am glad the two chaps had a handshake at the end. At least now I know about :

1) Petronas profits
2) How much is the value of 50c drop of oil prices
3) How deep research our minister vs ex-minister does for these sessions

One thing is for sur - dont bring a Tan Seri as your seconder - it is just poor bad taste not to get the more ordinary guy on the street. Worse if you bring in a Tan Seri with a personal attack. Poor choice, Ahmad Shabery Cheek.